An initiative of the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
Pilgrim Theological College is an initiative of the Uniting Church Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, providing a rich tapestry of ecumenical theological education under the leadership of a Faculty of eminent scholars.
We are a college of the University of Divinity, which is internationally recognised for promoting the highest standards of scholarship in theology, philosophy and ministry.
Situated within the Centre for Theology & Ministry in Parkville, Melbourne, Pilgrim is located in an appealing setting, just three kilometres from the CBD and on the perimeter of the Princes Parklands and Melbourne University.
Students at the College are from varied countries, cultures, denominations and ages, forming a diverse and vibrant educational community.
We welcome those who are:
- interested in studying theology for their personal and spiritual development, from all traditions or none
- preparing for ordained ministry within the Uniting Church of Australia
- ordained ministers of the Uniting Church of Australia seeking higher education
- preparing for ordained ministry within the Uniting Church of Australia or another denomination preparing for ministry as a lay preacher or pastor
- engaged in the Period of Discernment.
Building on a long history of theological education, Pilgrim offers a full range of awards aimed at creating a theologically equipped people of God formed for ministry, discipleship and leadership within and beyond the church.
Awards offered include diplomas, undergraduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, postgraduate degrees and higher degrees by research.
Full-time and part-time study options are available and courses can be undertaken either face-to-face on campus or online for those who need to study at a distance.